Copy the selected cell, or cells
Paste the selected cell, or cells
SECRET TIP: Try copying a Smart Row Reference, selecting a few cells, and pasting!
Select from the current cell to the cell you clicked
Making spreadsheet cells talk to each other
- Lazy Reference
- Any time A1 changes, update this cell with its new value immediately.
- Copying and pasting this reference won't do anything special. It will always talk to A1. Boring but useful!
- Smart Column Reference
- If you copy and paste 1 column to the right, it will talk to B1 instead
- Can be combined with Smart Row References
- Smart Row Reference
- If you copy and paste 1 row down, it will talk to A2 instead
- Can be combined with Smart Column References
Making spreadsheets beautiful
- Hide Gridlines
- Go to the View menu and uncheck Gridlines
- Zebra Stripes
- Go to the Format menu and select Alternating colors...
Anatomy of a Google Sheets URL
- Change "edit" to "copy" to auto-create a personal copy for everyone who opens it.